The Council of International Schools (www.cois.org) completed their full evaluation in February 2018. We would like to share some of our feedback.
- CIS commends the Senior Leadership Team and the entire school for the high level of commitment shown to the development of intercultural learning within and across the broader school community.
- CIS commends the Senior Leadership Team and the entire school for the significant efforts made towards developing service learning and school engagement with environmental and social issues.
- CIS commends the Board and Head for establishing a solid working relationship based on shared vision for the school and mutual trust.
- CIS commends the Board for effectively aligning the school’s guiding statements to their procedural practices in decision-making and action.
- CIS commends the Early Childhood staff for embedding global citizenship dispositions and attitudes throughout their daily interactions and learning objectives with students.
- CIS commends the Early Childhood Team for their time and effort to plan and develop for the equipment in the Early Childhood outside spaces along with planning and investment requests to improve provision for inside teaching spaces.
- CIS commends the Primary School Team for its thorough and accessible curriculum documentation.
- CIS commends the Primary School for their efforts to make learning authentic, challenging and personalised for each student.
- CIS commends the Primary Staff for their inquiry-based approach to teaching and learning, which is evident not only within the units of inquiry, but also in Mathematics and Literacy teaching and learning.
- CIS commends the Primary Team for their commitment to support school trips, co-curricular clubs and recess support groups.
- CIS commends the school for the student data collection and analysis to inform academic progress and career planning.
- CIS commends the Early Years Team for developing high expectations for student academic achievement.
- CIS commends the Early Childhood Team for embracing a positive, supportive, and caring learning community.
- CIS commends the Early Childhood Team for sharing detailed and clear information to parents to describe assessment, reporting and streaming strategies that are used.
- CIS commends the Primary Team for sharing detailed and clear parent information to describe the assessment, streaming, and reporting protocols.
- CIS commends the school on its learning support efforts.
- CIS commends the School Leadership Team for its effective data collection and analysis to support student learning aligned with the school’s guiding statements.
- CIS commends the school for embracing a positive, supportive, and caring learning community.
- CIS commends the school community for providing a breadth of opportunity for student voice and leadership development.
- CIS commends the school community for engaging actively within the school’s cultural context to develop an effective child protection strategy.
- CIS commends the School Leadership Team for providing a platform for student voice regarding food options at the canteen.
- CIS commends the school for its committed approach towards risk assessment, health, well-being, safety, and security.
- CIS commends the careers counsellor and post-16 team for an accessible and effective careers counselling programme.
- CIS commends NCBIS Parents for their continuing and positive support of the school, thus contributing to the success of their children’s learning.
- CIS commends the School Leadership Team for recognising the importance of, and applying budget to, the health and safety training needs of local staff.
- CIS commends the IT Department for developing a thorough and secure system to provide Internet, technology support, and hardware access to the school.
- CIS commends the school for having a strong focus on child protection through a variety of initiatives.
Award of CIS International Re-Accreditation